Travel Insurance Directory For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
We wish to inform you of how to improve your access to travel insurance policies that include cover for more serious medical conditions.
These following factors determine if this information is relevant to you:
- You have not been offered, or we/the insurer, have declined a quotation wholly or partly due to a medical condition
- Your policy has been cancelled, wholly or partly, due to a medical condition
- You have been offered a policy with a medical condition exclusion, which cannot be removed from the policy
- You have been offered a policy with a medical condition premium of £100 or more
- You have been offered a policy in respect of which the medical condition premium is not known
If these factors apply to you, we recommend you visit the new Medical Cover Firm Directory, launched by Money and Pensions Service (MaPS).
This directory lists firms that provide, or arrange, travel insurance policies that cover more serious medical conditions. The service will also provide relevant information about each firm listed, allowing you to make an informed initial choice about which provider may meet your needs.
Some of the advantages of using the directory make it easier for you to navigate the available market and make it more likely in finding a firm who:
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition without specific exclusions
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition at a more affordable price.
If you wish to make an enquiry about the directory, please contact the Money Advice Service’s Customer Contact Centre.
Telephone – 0800 138 7777
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm